Tuesday, November 17, 2009

nest -- books

For me much of my craving for home/interior design is satiated by our local library.
I can rarely get my hubby to go with me because he is somewhat embarrassed by the amount of books I try to check out. Between my stack of home/design/art books and my girls stack-o-books, it is a small production to get out the door and to the car. I have found some of my all time favorite interior books via the library and I want to share my number one pick...


Home (British version) or The Family at Home: Love. Life. Style (US version) by Anita Kaushal. I have the British version because I lived in London during college for four months and therefore consider myself at least half British and heir to whatever coolness they produce.

I love her undecorated, livable yet beautiful and meaningful style. This book is my token wedding present, I wish I would of had it from the beginning. I LOVE this book. Please check it out.



This is a peek inside Anita's home.

o
Speaking of books...last week on Man Shops Globe they found some beautiful recovered books from the 1920's which got me thinking about covering some more of our favorites.

I like these cloth covered notebooks from Toast.

Here is a little project my girls and I did for their dad for Christmas last year. One of his favorite books is Brothers Karamazov. I told the girls the story had three Russian brothers and a priest in it and to draw something along those lines. I enlarged a photocopy of Russian text and found some images of old Karamazov covers and this is what we came up with...


It was a fun gift to work on together and my hubby loved it.

Oh and here is a peek at the photo shoot. Have a great Monday!
 

yasmin