Wednesday, November 18, 2009

explore

Isn’t flying the most amazing thing? I confess a constant struggle with a fear of flying. The night before a flight, during takeoff, landing and whenever the flight is turbulent I can’t help but picture my fiery death. However, once the plane is at cruising altitude and the ride is smooth, I can’t get my forehead off the window. The scale and wonder of the earth below is intoxicating.
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o

I'd love to fly off to L'Isle sur la Sorgue in France and stay here...
















o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o


and shop some flea markets...

o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o

o
o
o o
and eat these.

o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o o

But today I’m going to summon some of that same french flea market browsing bliss as I’m off to some of my favorite local hole-in-the-wall consignment stores to find some items for the winter window display for Little Bean, and a chair for the finest Texas sis-in-law. And I get to do all this with my favorite crazy lady,



o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o

my mom—isn’t she fantastic.

Dream big, explore locally.

 

yasmin