Thursday, November 12, 2009

design




















Design is involved in every part of our lives. Whether we are conscious of it or not, we are effected by line, shape, size, color and light. I know when I pay attention to good design it opens up a world of wonder and beauty to me. There are so many exciting and inspiring aspects of design, I wanted to start by sharing a little from my favorite design blog Dezeen. These images are from Casa 11 Mujeres (Eleven Women House), a cliff-top house near Santiago in Chile by architect Mathias Klotz.









I love the openness of this home and the how much it brings in and reflects the beautiful surroundings.










And this house is in Chile which adds to my suspicion that Chile (as well as, Argentina, Brazil, Australia and Europe in general) is trying to monopolize all the coolest designs and ideas. Man…I would love to live in Chile for a few years!



Dezeen covers design student's graduate work all over the world. Here is a piece from the Dutch design week last year, Maarten De Ceulaer's Pile of Suitcase.




Description: A pile of suitcases functioning as a classy wardrobe with a variable composition and well-measured compartments. Steel profiles keep the pile firmly together, leaving ample room for change.

I would love to replace my drawers with this awesome piece.
 

yasmin