Friday, November 13, 2009

friday film love



Great films are a huge source of happiness for me. I’m a big fan of Wes Anderson and am eagerly waiting to share his genius and style with my girls when his first animated film, Fantastic Mr. Fox, comes out on Thanksgiving. One of my all time favorite movies is The Royal Tenenbaums. Anderson’s style is so distinctive in this film. Stylish comedies with an honest narrative and a decent message are rare and The Royal Tenenbaums is just that.


I've been in love with Bill Murray since I was a seven year old Ghostbusters fan.


I’m genuinely attached to all the characters in this film but feel especially fond of Ethel Tenenbaum (Anjelica Houston). I love her calmness, intelligence and dedication to her kidos and love that she wrote a book about raising geniuses…perfect.


Here is a fabulous little video from the Museum of the Moving Image that edits some more of Anderson’s brilliance.

Have a great weekend!

 

yasmin