Tuesday, December 1, 2009

nestilicious

Another great lifestyle-home design library find.
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
Home is Where the Heart is was discovered during those student years when I lived in the most unattractive of apartments. I struggled with what I had to work with as well as the lack of funds and time allotted me as the mother of 2 under the age of three. This little gem of a book seemed to calm and encourage me to keep my interior design focus on what was really important--as stated in the book's explanation "being human: how we can integrate the way our homes look and feel with our basic emotional needs." Thanks to the library, freecycle, masonite, and dumpster raids I turn our little dive in Austin into a home. This book made me into a huge Ilse Crawford fan. Some of my favorite quotes from the book are on the pages below, here are few more...
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
The living space is never unfinished and never finished. It lives with those who live within. --Josef Frank

o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
Somebody's boring me, I think it's me. --Dylan Thomas

o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o

o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
o
God invented the giraffe, the elephant, the cat. He has no real style He just goes on trying things. --Pablo Picasso
 

yasmin